UPDATE

AS OF JANUARY 1, 2013 - POSTING ON THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE 'DAILY'. SWITCHING TO 'OCCASIONAL' POSTING.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

ED HICKS: Before He Proposed To Confirmed Wife Number SEVEN

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Below is an email Ed sent Sandra ten days before he proposed to her on Valentine's Day, February 14, 2003. Comments from Sandra are in red.

From: ed.hicks@dau.mil
02/04/03 02:39 PM
To: Sandra
Subject: RE: If you cannot concentrate...

Simply since I have been single most of my life. Married for 4 years (Ed, if you were Pinnochio, your nose would wrap around the globe into infinity). Raising kids for almost 18 years. I loved the kids part of it since they just did what I wanted to do and vise versa (Your poor kids, you had them involved in your lies). You had been married most of yours (Sandra had been married twice previously, to two kind men, who were very honest and trustworthy. Unfortunately, the marriages just didn't work out. Both marriages lasted ten years each). Not meaning anything by it. Not making comparisons in that way.

I never once wished I was married during that time (Let's get out the barf bucket! Ed, you were married the first time in 1965 and have seven confirmed marriages in 40 years and four of those marriages overlap, meaning you would marry the next one before you divorced the previous one). Now that the kids are almost grown I think of being with you for the rest of my life. (What BS, the rest of your life...Ed, you should have said, I think of being with you until I can take what I can and then I will move on to some other poor, trusting woman).

Ed

cross posted from http://fightbigamy.typepad.com

No comments: