ONCE YOU EXPOSE THEM YOU WILL MOST CERTAINLY BE SUBJECT TO NARCISSISTIC RAGE. THE CYBERPATH MAY/WILL DO THE FOLLOWING:
- smear you to everyone they can
- harrass you by phone or email (by sure to BLOCK their emails and instant messages or DO NOT REPLY - just save them. If they threaten you, go immediately to the authorities.)
- minimize or twist the truth about what happened to their friends, family, spouse, partners, co-workers
- do everything they can to make YOU look like the sick, mentally ill, distrubed ("scorned) or not credible person
- post you on every exposure site, revenge site or blog about you (often including 'information' on you that is completely false and made-up)
- use their 'proxies' (friends/ spouses in denial, other predators, etc) to help them discredit and smear you
- hire an attorney and give the attorney selective information to sue you for defamation and/or slander. (REMEMBER: the TRUTH is a 100% defense to this. Do not harass but 'stay the course'!)
- go to law enforcement, again with selective information, to have you charged with cyberstalking or cyber-harrassment or worse. (again, stay strong - don't go out of control - and stay the course)
We can assure you that some of the cyberpaths profiled here come to this site many times a day, send us threatening email demanding to know who exposed them (we have YET to have to do this... and doubt we ever will; which is why we ask you to sign a release binding you to tell only the truth and provide proof)
They threaten to sue EOPC, click the "report this blog" button a number of times and even pretend to be other people or send their friends (proxies) to this site to try to covertly get information from us. The people running this site are adults, some who know quite a bit about the law and crime investigation. We are not all in the same country, either.
To the Victims - "exercise caution. And expect to find yourself under attack. Be sure to tell everyone close to you what you are doing. And we support and congratulate you for telling the truth and embracing reality."
To the Cyberpaths - "Lie to everyone you can, if you must - but the truth remains - HERE! We know it, you know it and you can twist in the winds of your twisted realities but a lie is a lie."
The narcissistically injured on the other hand, cannot rest until he has blotted out a vaguely experienced offender who dared to oppose him, to disagree with him, or to outshine him.
It can never find rest because it can never wipe out the evidence that has contradicted its conviction it is unique and perfect. This archaic rage goes on and on and on.
-Group Helplessness and Rage -- Ernest S. Wolf, MD