- Do you believe that someone (even online) has used your love and trust in order to steal your money?
- Did they claim they loved you, would marry you, take care of you, start a business with you - and all you had to do was provide the financing for everything?
- Did they disappear overnight or just walk out on you after you ran out of money?
- Did they refuse to pay back any of the money they received, claiming that you gave it to them willingly as a gift?
- Did you learn after they left that they were involved with another person at the same time they were promising you the world and taking your money?
CUFF (see link below) helps victims of sweetheart scams obtain justice by providing information that can be used to prosecute or sue the thief. We have worked with thousands of victims, some of whom have successfully convinced the police to issue criminal charges against the person who stole from them.
Some of the victims we have worked with have learned how to sue the thief pro se (representing themselves in court), have obtained civil judgments and have collected their money by levying the thief's bank account, garnisheeing paychecks or having the sheriff seize personal property.
Some of the victims have been able to gain the emotional strength to fight back through e-mail and phone support from CUFF victims who have volunteered to share their experiences and time with other victims.
Your journey to justice may be rocky and at times very discouraging, but there is justice if you persevere.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION