UPDATE

AS OF JANUARY 1, 2013 - POSTING ON THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE 'DAILY'. SWITCHING TO 'OCCASIONAL' POSTING.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Catching Online Child Predators

A MUST READ STORY!!

While this blog deals with predators who prey on other adults, NBC's Dateline did a story on 11/3/05 called "To Catch A Predator" about our friends at Perverted-Justice and the fight against Online Predators who prey on children.

These men, like Adult Predators, look like normal, upstanding guys. Teachers, Counselors and CLERGY!!

Rather than reposting the whole story, if you click
HERE you can read for yourself.

SICKENING, ABSOLUTELY STOMACH CHURNING!

One of the things that sticks out about this story? Is the EXCUSES these Child Predators make? ARE VIRTUALLY THE SAME EXCUSES GIVEN BY ADULT PREDATORS:

"I've never done this before." or "This is the first time I have ever done something like this" (meaning its something about YOU and your online relationship driving this cyberpath? NOT!)

"I just wanted to talk" or "I just wanted a friend" (LOL!!)

Lying about their age, looks (sheesh!)

"I would never do something like that" or "I am not playing you" (while they are playing you like a fiddle)

"I am sorry" (and after this, instead of talking to you about what happened? they RUN LIKE HELL and leave you broken hearted...)

or they accuse the target of harrassing or stalking them!

And our SITE FAVORITE: "I know its wrong, I am getting help" or "I am seeing a psychiatrist for it" (the ploy for sympathy is really sickening. These guys should share the name & number of their 'shrinks' with their target so that the target can at least CHECK UP on see if they are REALLY getting help. Chances are they are just biding their time and perfecting their game to TO IT AGAIN!!)

READ THIS STORY AND PASS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!

No comments: