UPDATE

AS OF JANUARY 1, 2013 - POSTING ON THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE 'DAILY'. SWITCHING TO 'OCCASIONAL' POSTING.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

UPDATE: Doug Beckstead's Damage Control

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Let's give a review of EVERYONE'S BEST FRIEND: The (In)Famous, Great Man: Doug Beckstead

UPDATE!
Recently Beckstead has been bragging about his time in Iraq - to brush up his image. Remember he is NOT enlisted or a fighting man... he was there as a historian... although he likes 'forgetting' to mention that fact.

THIS IS TEXTBOOK MALIGNANT NARCISSIST BEHAVIOR!

Additionally, Beckstead has been adding HIGH SCHOOL FRIENDS to his ever-growing Facebook. Trying to make himself look like a good guy by adding 'friends' from his glory days. Yid with Lid does this on his Facebook & Twitter too...

These social networking friends are always the ones who are OBLIVIOUS to the fact that these guys are PREDATORS behind a keyboard!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since we first ran this expose in Spring 2007, Beckstead has posted loads and loads and loads of links all over the web to his latest excursions (WORK assignments) . Looking for REFLECTED GLORY, even recently; in pathetic attempts to prove to his victims that their exposure of him didn't effect ole' Doug one bit! (then why all the posts and all your friends writing to websites about what a GREAT GUY Beckstead is and HOW HORRIBLE it is that anyone would expose this stellar human being? LOL)
People with this disorder appear to be charming at times, and make relationships, but to them, these are relationships in name only. They are ended whenever necessary or when it suits them, and the relationships are without depth or meaning, including marriages. They seem to have an innate ability to find the weakness in people, and are ready to use these weaknesses to their own ends through deceit, manipulation, or intimidation, and gain pleasure from doing so.

What it did suceed in doing was show that Doug, like all narcissistic predators, is trying too hard. Heck, a 'friend' of his from the Air Force Base where he works came to EOPC to put in his good word about his good-buddy, Doug. One of his old high school buddies from years & years ago swears Beckstead's a 'decent guy.' (Probably knows nothing about his online games with the minds & hearts of people who have NO CLUE he's playing any game at all!!) Of course, these people miss the point completely that the Doug they know is not the 'uninhibited Beckstead' who feels all-powerful behind a keyboard preying on vulnerable women in depression or tough situations for some mind-games and cyber slap & tickle. In short, they miss that inside the Doug they know rests a PREDATOR.

http://www.thelangleyflyer.com/articles/2007/09/14/news/top_stories/top04.txt

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123067382

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/story.php?id=131925&ac=PHnws

http://newsminer.com/arcticsentry/20070914.pdf

http://www.parksmagazine.org/tcnpf/2007fall/?pg=38

http://www.eielson.af.mil/news/story_print.asp?id=123067449

http://www.eielson.af.mil/news/story_print.asp?id=123067841

http://www.aerotechnews.com/Bullseye/Bullseye_091407.pdf

http://www.armyairforces.com/forum/m_130700/tm.htm

http://parksmagazine.org/tcnpf/2007fall/?pg=36

This is typical of a malignant narcissist - to hitch their stars to something or someone that makes them look good. Of course then Doug the predator can show all these links to people and say "see, I am a good guy. EOPC was wrong!!" Additionally, they post everywhere they can in hopes to 'drown out' the truth. (Cyberpath gridney/ Yidwithlid does the same. Just surf on "yidwithlid" or even "doug beckstead" to find out!)

http://caliber.ucpress.net/doi/pdf/10.1525/tph.2006.28.2.toc

http://www.armyairforces.com/forum/m_69157/tm.htm

By the way, we need to repeat: in one photo on a link, Beckstead photoshopped it to make himself LOOK THINNER!! See below and look at the lines of the suit and compare with the photo at the top of this post.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
These links appeared a few days after the funeral/memorial of the fallen airman (see links above). And EOPC believes Beckstead himself is the logical poster responsible for the mass inflitration of these links everywhere. It was not long before this memorial service that Beckstead discovered his EOPC exposure and turned the blame and projection on any victim at hand. (we know of at least 2 of his victims, and possibly 3)

Beckstead also continues to try to give sage advice online to appear concerned & 'respectable' on various military, historical, Alaska-related and other forums.

This is his and the embarrassed, determined Air force Base in Anchorage, Alaska's ways of attempting to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Making Beckstead appear like the respectable and ethical man he is obviously NOT.

This is Beckstead's way of saving face to those who know nothing of his double life and his cruelty and disrespect towards those vulnerable women and children he preyed on online. It's their attempts at setting him up to look like a 'good man' so he can continue his online predatory antics in secret. (Clive, J/Gridney/ YidwithLid, Thomas, Dorsky... all did the same sort of 'damage control'! It's classic)


Yet another of Beckstead's predatory e-bombs to one of his targets:

On 2/5/06,Doug Beckstead dog_driver@xxx.com wrote:

I have tried to treat you with nothing but openness and honesty through everything. I have not lied about anything with you. (GAG US!! Mr. "it was all a game and she knew it!)

As for my wife not wanting sex, well, I was down there for a month over Christmas and never once had sex. It's just something I've come to expect, or not to expect for that matter. (and you are sharing MARITAL INFORMATION with a Stranger!? Gridney/ Yid with Lid did this with Target #2 and Jacoby did this with all his targets also! ZERO appropriate boundaries with a cyberpath.)

I would write more here tonight, but I tore a muscle in my forearm (right in front of my elbow) lifting weights on Thursday afternoon. I really overdid it. Typing is aggrevating it. (Besides having cybersex and answering all my other targets really did my arm in, huh?)

Cheers!

Me (ME ME ME ME ME!!)

~~~~~~~~
playingstupid

We know Beckstead came to EOPC and MINIMIZED his abuse and said it was all a "game" in a comment on one post about him. Also saying that his victims "knew what" they were getting into.

Don't buy this!!
For a psychopath, a romantic relationship is just another opportunity to find a trusting partner who will buy into the lies. It's primarily why a psychopath rarely stays in a relationship for the long term, and often is involved with three or four partners at once, says Willson.

To a psychopath, everything about a relationship is a game.

Other predators we profiled tried it too. Dorsky, Gridney/ Yid with Lid, Hicks, Clive and Jacoby.

(Nathan Thomas, in fact, told his victims it was THEIR FAULT for "not standing by him!" and they were "making the 'CIA' angry." LOL!
Thomas has since gone back to one wife and taken off for parts unknown with her to avoid any legal entanglements. He tells everyone "the CIA needed him" as he takes off and wives & girlfriends never see him again! ROFL!)

Please don't make us laugh Cyberpaths! This is projection, blame shifting and narcissistic abuse.

Even our first exposed predator, Charles Ed Hicks aka Charles Greene to this day, swears he is writing a book about the TRUTH! (kinda like O.J.) and he will sue all the people (police, D.A.s, private investigators, ex-wives, ex-girlfriends, newspaper reporters and T.V. shows - all who did their homework!) who 'smeared his good name.' Can't smear what was never good, Hicks!

And all the posts and proclamations of being a good guy or a family man ("Gridney/ Yid with Lid" does this too on his new site including pictures of himself and his "wonderful, loving family" all the time apparently) are to make the exposure of their predatory antics seem like an anomaly - or those who report them are "just scorned, crazy women." Readers, how many times do we hear this tired song? And we know better!

Don't ever forget that these cyberpaths told people they'd NEVER met, only knew online, that they profiled and LIED to - that they "loved" them!! Loved people they never met in person, barely knew and had chatted with (mostly cybersex) for 3 - 8 weeks tops before their proclamations of love came out? Now some try to say they "have changed," they are "good guys" and they "love their wife/ partners. " Of course, no real signs of change and their admant refusal to apologize, allocute or give closure to their victims. And, of course, they're acting MORALLY SUPERIOR to the victims they hurt, traumatized, used, abused and now smear.
In romantic relationships, a psychopath may be charming and affectionate just long enough to establish intimacy with a partner, and then suddenly become abusive, unfaithful, and manipulative. The bewildered partner might turn to friends and family with their story, only to be met with disbelief—how could the warm, outgoing individual everyone has come to know possibly be guilty of these acts? All too often, the abused partner blames the situation on themselves, and comes out of the relationship emotionally destroyed.

Photobucket

Beckstead even had the National Parks Service shilling for him: CLICK HERE But in these emails below you can see what a truly mean-spirited, coniving, hollow man Beckstead really is.
(THESE ARE VERIFIED EMAILS - NOT ALTERED IN ANY WAY OTHER THAN TO REMOVE NAMES & PERSONAL INFORMATION - our comments are in dark blue.)


From: dog_driver@XXXX.com
To: XX@XXX.net

Subject: Good Evenin'
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 21:32:08 -0800

Hi!
I just got home. I needed a little "unwind" time so I stopped down at the Midnite Mine for a couple of drinks -- and spent some of the time texting XXX and XXXX. Friday evenings are usually a lot of fun because the "regulars" are down there after work. Have you ever seen the tv show "CHEERS"? The Mine is a lot like the Fairbanks version of the bar in the show. The regulars are just that, regulars. And everybody eventually gets to know everybodies names and you never know when someone else is going to be buying a drink for you -- but it is expected that you will return the favor, if not that evening then on another. It's a real friendly bar. And the owner, treats our dart team really well too so I like to patronize his place.

Now, to get to your questions ... as for my comment about ("You know when you said "you don't know what is going to happen", what did you mean by that exactly? Do you still hope that we will meet, and get to do everything we have spoken of? Do you still hold that true?") What I meant by that is that I don't have a crystal ball that holds all the answers for me. I cannot predict what may happen next month let alone next year or five years down the road. However, that does not mean that I want, or expect, anything to change between you and I. I value our relationship very, very much. It was hard not getting messages from you over the last week and I was really happy to get the ones that explained what was happening. I hope more than anything that some day we will eventually be able to meet, in person. Beyond that, I don't know what will happen. So, we just have to keep the good thoughts going. I have not been trying to "pull back" or anything like that. That's why I made the comment about staying in the background. I would much rather be out "front and center" but if things happen, just remember, I'll always be back there and will respond to your questions, e-mails, etc.
(GAG US WITH YOUR B.S. Beckstead! And you have the nerve to say it was all a GAME and your victims KNEW WHAT THEY WERE WAS GETTING INTO?? Two of them told us NO they had NO IDEA!)

As for the questions about "where does my new job leave us," well, as far as I'm concerned we're still going to be able to e-mail, talk on occasion, and send packages back and forth. If I find out that something was sent and wasn't received, then there will be hell to pay for it, especially if it doesn't show up within a reasonable length of time. We'll be able to talk from time to time as well, just like we do now. (When Beckstead needs a narcissistic fix or to get his jollies by abusing you & twisting your mind)

I don't expect anything to change. But, be prepared that when I get deployed there may be long periods of time when you won't hear from me. I don't know what the e-mail situation will be from wherever I could end up. I think I explained to you that I could go to Baghdad or Afghanistan for as long as four months every two years. It's all part of my job. But, I will let you know about anything that comes up well in advance. I think they've got a rotation schedule so I'll know well in advance when I'm going and to where. It will be just like when I go out to the Yukon now and can't plug my computer into a spruce tree to send e-mails. (At Beckstead's weight we sincerely doubt he'd be "deployed" anywhere but Weight Watchers!! What is it with pseudo-military? Thomas, Haberman, Cafasso & Barber were all fake or pseudo-military! Beckstead was SENT to Iraq to write about it - not DEPLOYED; despite the military's terms for it - Iraq was not looking for Beckstead to come save the day!)

The three trips I mentioned that I have coming up over the next two months before I head south are next week (beginning tomorrow morning) to Anchorage. I'll be checking my e-mail from there. Then the week after, I'll leave on Friday to fly out to Eagle, take a boat down the Yukon on Saturday to Coal Creek for a "dedication" on Sunday, back to Eagle on Monday via boat, and then spend Tuesday in Eagle doing research (actually I plan on relaxing and enjoying some time on the river -- very little work related) and fly back to Fairbanks on Wednesday. (Aren't you the popular busy bee? and wonderful human being? NOT!!)

Then, the last trip will begin on August 29th (or sooner if they finish the first half of their mission first) I will be going out to the B-24 with the team from JPAC to recover the remains of the pilot. I got word today that I will be accompanying the team for the mission. I'm really psyched about that. The mission plans are to be onsite for two weeks (until September 12th). I think we'll find what we're looking for a lot sooner and might be out earlier than planned, but who knows what may happen. So, that will be the end of my "bush time" with the NPS.

I also found out today that (1) the operations manager in Eagle is still really against the project for God knows what reasons, something about "wilderness" bullshit or something; and (2) our superintendent has already made his mind up that the project is going to happen and the NPS will be supporting it. I'm thinking that when I'm out in Eagle I just may put the ops manager on the spot and pointedly ask her why she's so against the mission. And when I do it, I may just be wired too (wearing a concealed recording device). I'd really like to see her squirm for a while. When I leave the NPS and move over to the Air Force I am already planning on submitting a request, under what we call the "Freedom of Information Act," for all the documentation and communication between our office in Fairbanks and the office in Eagle, including e-mails, phone logs, notes, etc. that relate to this project. The Freedom of Information Act is something that our government passed quite a while ago (30 or 40 years ago) that allows citizens to request government documents relating to specific issues of concern. As long as they don't fall under some very strict areas that they can be deemed "classified" (ongoing law enforcement actions, containing person information, or relating to national security) they agency is required by law to release the documents to the requesting individual. And, even if they do contain sensitive information, there are still ways that they must be released with names, etc. being blacked out. On one hand I'm going to do it just to piss the NPS off, but I'm also going to do it because I intend to discuss the lack of support on the part of the NPS for the mission in my book. (Do they know this? And since when is Beckstead - James Bond? Cyberpath Bullies and their empty, idle, vague "threats"!)

As for my book, I'm actually into writing it now. I started one of the latter chapters the other day. I'm writing about my trip to the site in 2004. I will likely include the information about going back to the site in 2005 with XXX (the nephew of the crew chief) and XXXX and XXXX (the survivor ). But, I'm also thinking about giving the trip with the XXXX's its own chapter. We'll see how it goes. Overall, my research on the B-24 and my forthcoming book, will all be going with me. I have come way too far to abandon it and I know that no one else would be able to put the same feeling into it down the road. And, I feel that I owe it to the crew and their families to finish it.

I know that XXX is getting excited about things with the baby. I think he's also getting nervous about the job and going back down to Idaho. I'm sure things will work out, but I too would like to have some answers finalized so things go smoothly. Unfortunately, right now, the longer it takes, the more an airline ticket is going to cost to get him down there. I know he's been saving up his money from his job so he's got the money, but I'd still like to be able to see him save some of it. In the long run, I really want to have them come back up to Anchorage. I think everything will be a lot better for everyone concerned if they do. We'll see how things play out.

XXX is doing fine down in Ketchikan. She's had a girlfriend from high school visiting her for the last week and a half. She brought her little boy down with her and the three of them have had a blast. Monica and Kasen went home today so XXX is on her own again. Justin still has six or seven weeks to go on his base confinement so it's going to be lonely, but she's going to do fine. We've even toyed with the idea of her coming up to Anchorage for a visit for a while. We'll see what happens. Actually, I'm really looking forward to meeting XX, their pup. From everything that XXX says about her, she sounds like a really cool dog. And almost too smart for her own good! She's been a little jealous about having XXXX around the house, but they soon warmed up to each other. XXX found it was a lot of fun to take his crackers and mash them on the hardwood floor. Sadie would come running over and "bark-uum" them up for him. I'm sure that XXX is going to miss him as much as XXX is going to miss having XXX around for the company.
(again, Beckstead was accused of some problems with the alleged 'hassling' of children. Never convicted but where there's smoke... Of course ole' Dougie-Do-Good threatened to sue the parents of these poor girls for even SUGGESTING he did something untoward... now how many of our exposed Cyberpaths have threatened to sue their victims? Almost all!)

I'm sure that while XXXX is alone right now she'll be e-mailing xxxxxx more. Tonight she said that she really had fun with the past few that they've exchanged. I guess they're finding more and more in common now.

Well, my back is really sore tonight. (ME ME ME ME ME!!)

I think I should close this epistle and go stretch out on the couch for a while. I'm hoping to get up really early tomorrow and heading south. XXX wants to go see the third X-Men movie. It's playing at a theater in Anchorage where you can actually get food and drinks to take into the theater. Not like the usual movie going munchies of popcorn and candy, but things like homemade pizzas, nachos, big pictures of soda, and my favorite, beer! It's a late show tomorrow night so it could be a lot of fun. There is also a big gun show going on in Anchorage this weekend that I would like to go see. It's where a lot of people are selling guns, parts of guns, accessories for guns, and other outdoor related things. I'll bet xxxxx would have a blast at it! There is one up here in Fairbanks twice a year, but for the most part, there isn't much to it and everyone has things overpriced by at least 50%. I like to go to pick up an occasional accessory (ammo boxes, etc) but I rarely buy anything. I've seen a couple of guns that I would have liked to have picked up (bought) but didn't have the money at the time. Mostly I go to look to see if something strikes my fancy. (HIS fancy? Like women online to mess with their minds & hearts? does THAT strike your fancy too, Beckstead? make you feel like the wonderful man you're NOT?)

I'm sure glad that you're feeling better. Now if everyone can just get back on their feet! (wow!! He ACTUALLY acknowledged his target! for a second... LOL)

I love you, hugs! ("i love you"?? How many people do you say that too, Beckstead? Gag - remember it's 'ALL A GAME' .... RIGHT!?!?!?)
Doug

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dolor temporarius.
Gloria aeterna.
Cicatrices virginibus placent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone care to count the number of times Beckstead used the words "I" -- "me" -- "my" in the above?
Beckstead whale

Recently Beckstead's done all he can to make PERSONAL capital out of his time in Iraq writing for the Air Force:

http://www.pret.hu/archives/3052

Beckstead makes a couple of whopping comments in there that need specific attention, e.g. : ""When I was called and offered this (position at Elmendorf Air Force Base) job, they asked 'You do know this job is deployable?'" Mr. Beckstead said. "Personally I was excited about it. I thought it would be a great opportunity to come to a place like this (sure he was "excited about it, more time to play games and con others into more personal gain for himself) and write the history of what's going and what we're doing, literally as it's going on."

Also: "The deployment process for the two historians was the same process active-duty Airmen go through and included multiple immunizations, weapons training and combat skills training, they said. .... (Ahh the other guy I can believe that may be true but Beckstead at his current weight and with his many self-reported health conditions???).

Callous, deceitful, reckless, guiltless . . . The psychopath understands the wishes and concerns of others; he simply does not care . . . The psychopath believes that rules and morals are for other, weaker people who obey because they fear punishment . . . No matter how bright, and a psychopath is often very bright, he rarely maintains a regular job . . . he may have an ingratiating manner and superficial charm, be persuasive, poised . . . Lying, evasiveness, feigned forgetfulness, vague and inconsistent answers about his past . . . Dr. David B. Adams

"I was the oldest member in my class in combat-skills training, but I didn't finish last in anything." Mr. Beckstead said with a chuckle. "At one point I realized I was old enough for everyone in the class to be my kid.".... (Who would want to be your kid?) and (What is it that they say about he who laughs last? ...dream on Beckstead)

And the best line of all ........

"Really there's no difference (between military and civilians here). We're eating together, working together and living together. We're all in it together," Mr. Beckstead said. "I really try to break down that barrier of 'I'm a civilian and you're enlisted.' I like the fact we're wearing the same uniform. I just try to blend in as much as I can. ...(Righhhhhhht you just keep on kidding yourself there Dougie-do-good, the great pretender - as if he would actually go FIGHT with these brave men) We're all in the same fight together and we all have the same goal."

"I couldn't imagine being deployed anywhere else. Yes, there's a danger level, but you're in the middle of everything (here). I'm not an outside observer, I'm inside and it's a whole different thing when you can write history as you live history," Mr. Beckstead said. ........ (Really, and were you an "outside observer" whilst you played with others heads??)

EOPC continues to follow up with each & every predator. Until they come totally clean, admit what they have done and work to make amends, its not over. Victims move forward but without justice. And a cyberpath will rage, do damage control, call the victims "scorned, hell-hath-no-fury" and stalkers" - just to get back to their sneaky ways and the next victim. We want to try to see there are NO MORE victims.

The psychopath does not merely repress feelings of anxiety and guilt or fail to experience them appropriately; instead, he or she lacks a fundamental understanding of what these things are. When asked a question such as “What does remorse feel like?” for instance, the typical psychopath will become irritated, deflect the question, or attempt to change the subject.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course his wife doesn't sleep with him. Who'd want that WHALE on top of them?

Doug seems to think she's denying him. He needs to step on the scale. He's a baby elephant with an ego to match!